This software can be used to "spawn" random names with a specific theme.
Some of the themes included in the main distribution are: elvish,
dwarvish, barbaric, angelic, demonic, tolkien-like.
Names are "spawned" via random walks on Markov Chains.
New themes can be created using existing lists of
names. Instructions to do so are given in the file README.txt.
To use NameSpawner you should
- check that you have Java 1.5 installed;
- download the NameSpawner 0.61 zip package,
- extract the content of that package somewhere on your drive;
- if using windows, double-click on NameSpawner.bat;
- if using GNU/Linux, *BSD or MacOSX, run NameSpawner.sh .
NameSpawner should also be included in the next version of
HeroScribe - whenever that next version will be ready 8^)
NameSpawner is © 2005-2006 Flavio Chierichetti and Valerio
HeroScribe is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL 2.